Who is srixon
- A brand trusted by more than 70 professional golfers worldwide, including Vijay Singh, Graeme McDowell, Boo Weekley, Robert Allenby, Steve Flesch, John Rollins, Fuzzy Zoeller and Karrie Webb.
- A worldwide brand of Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. (SRI), a golf equipment company with a 70-year winning tradition.
- One the fastest growing golf ball and golf club brands in the United States.
- Sister brands: Cleveland Golf, Never Compromise, Cleveland Classics Apparel.
What does Srixon mean ?
- A leading Japanese manufacturer of tires, sporting goods and industrial products
- A company with 70 years experience in golf ball manufacturing
- A brand owner of Dunlop/Maxfli in Japan, Korea and Taiwan for the Sporting Goods market
- One of the largest producers of golf balls in the world
- One of the leading producers of drivers, fairways and irons in Asia
- A pioneer and patent holder of the technology that forms the foundation for today's modern high COR drivers
- SRI-made balls have won over 75 PGA Tour Titles since 1989, including 7 majors
- A company dedicated to the endless search to bring the most modern technology to golfers of all abilities around the world
- 1909 - Dunlop U.K. established Japan's first modern rubber factory.
- 1913 - Produced Japan's first automobile tires.
- 1917 - Incorporated as a Japanese company with „1.18million capital.
- 1930 - Produced Japan's first golf and tennis balls.
- 1967 - Changed name to Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd.
- 1968 - Began golf club manufacturing.
- 1983 - Gained complete independence of management through acquisition of Dunlop U.K.'s equity in company.
- 1984 - Acquired and assumed operation of former Dunlop Holding.
- 1986 - Acquired majority equity interest in Dunlop Tire Corporation in U.S.A.
- 1997 - Established SRIXON USA.
- 1999 - Formed alliance with The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company in U.S.A.
- 2004 - Established SRI Sports Ltd. and SRI Hybrid Ltd.
- 2006 - Become a public company.
- December 2007 - SRI Sports acquires Cleveland Golf and Never Compromise.
SUMITOMO RUBBER INDUSTRIES, LTD. (SRI)
Our name comes from three sources:
- SRI Sumitomo Rubber Industries
- X Unlimited, Dreams for the Future
- ON Going onwards
ClevelandGolf/Srixon Number of Employees: 350
Parent Company - Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. (SRI):
Cleveland®Golf, Srixon®, Never Compromise® and Cleveland Classics(TM) apparel are brands owned by SRI Sports Limited. With corporate headquarters based in Kobe, Japan, SRI Sports is the fourth largest golf company in the world, as well as one of the world's leading patent holders in golf ball technology.